Mojave Desert Travel Tips For Tours From Las Vegas
Your Death Valley Tour:
Clothing for a Desert Adventure
Sunburns of a dangerous nature can develop quickly from the sun in the high desert.
A loose fitting, long-sleeved, lightweight shirt is best for hot desert hiking, climbing, or biking. It protects you from the sun and it can be wetted to keep your skin cool.
Tours From Las Vegas:
Mojave Desert Travel Tips
- Tank tops expose too much skin.
- Shorts are fine as long as you wear appropriate sunscreen on your legs.
- Wearing a broad-brimmed hat is a great idea.
- Baseball caps are better than nothing – they cover the top of your head and give nice shade for your eyes, but they leave skin on your face, neck, and ears exposed to the sun.
- Wear a hat with a brim (a cowboy hat would be a good idea)
- Wear light-colored, lightweight clothes. Long sleeves can be rolled up for comfort or down as needed for protection.
- Pack a light-weight jacket or windbreaker in the summer, something wind-proof that you can add as a layer in case the wind picks up or the weather cools.
- Wear sunglasses, and carry and use sunblock.
- Shoes. Wear comfortable walking shoes. Sandals and heels may be fashionable, but they really don’t work well in the desert.
Other Topics In This Series: